This email is being sent to you from the Express list-serve. If you are not a traveler, please make sure this communication gets sent out to anyone that may be traveling in your organization as soon as possible.
The UC Travel Center recently changed its travel reservation system. During the process of migrating from the old system to the new system there was a major malfunction in which the vendor’s quality control program which operates within the reservation system cancelled some of the University’s existing airline reservations. Needless to say, this is a major issue and our vendor is attempting to re-book the cancelled reservations.
Here is what we know so far:
* Some existing domestic airline reservations made through UC Travel via a telephone reservation with an agent or through the online booking tool have been cancelled and we are not able to rebook the exact itinerary. Hotel and car reservations were not affected.
* Reservations involving Southwest and Air-Tran airlines are not affected and have not been cancelled.
* International travel reservations have not been cancelled.
Here is what we need you to do:
* If you have an existing reservation that you made with UC Travel you should check with the airline to see if your reservation has been reinstated.
* As you can imagine, all of the UC Travel Department’s resources are being devoted to resolving this issue. The Travel Department is being overwhelmed with inquiries on this matter so we ask that you please try to avoid calling us via telephone. So if you have any issues with upcoming travel please direct them to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
* If you are traveling on UC business within the next three days, please know that we are working on completing your travel arrangements first. Our vendor has rebooked many of these tickets already and is working to reissue as many of the remaining tickets as possible as quickly as possible.
It's lonely on the road (especially if your tickets are cancelled):